11.04.2006

There's few things in this life when you are tired--semi exhausted--that beat curling up in a huge chair with a fuzzy blanket, reading a new book with the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack in the background, and drinking a huge steaming mug of Chai Apple Spice Green Tea on a cold day in the Fall. Mmmm...
I drag myself away from Ghosts of Onyx (yes, that is what I'm reading and while some of you might think it doesn't really fit with Pride and Prejudice, I don't really care. It's a great book so far =, ) long enough to put this up, which I tried to do about a week ago but blogger has issues. Here it is.
Grace to you,
Stephanie
In 2 Corinthians 10 Paul stresses the fact that we are Christ’s, and that we should classify ourselves with that in mind. Later in chapter 11 he says, “Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I.” I paused there, like I always do whenever Paul talks about being Jewish. For some reason, I can’t seem to remember that he was from Israel, a former Pharisee in fact. When I’m reading about his conversion from ‘Saul’ it’s easy enough, but in his letters as ‘Paul’ I always forget. And I couldn’t figure out; Why?
I was thinking about that and I realized—the reason I can never remember his association with the Jews is because I immediately associate him with Christ. When I read about Paul I see Jesus through him, and I see him as a citizen of Heaven. He was tenaciously Christ’s. It really struck me. I’ve never seen it this clearly. He was so linked to the ministry of his Lord and to Heaven that it actually catches me off guard when I remember that he was a Jew.
Is this how others see you? I mean, I know that’s been said so many times, but just because it is often repeated doesn’t mean we have this down. When people look at me and my life do they see some American white from Damascus who’s finishing high school and comes to their class at MC… or do they see a citizen of Heaven, and an agent for Christ? Basically…
Are people surprised by my relationship with Heaven, because they view me as linked to the world? Or, do I catch people off guard when they see my relationship with the world, because they are so used to associating me with Heaven?
Labels: encouragement, pictures, scripture
i didn't know there was a Pride and Prejudice soundtrack (is that kind of thing legal?) tell when you're done Ghosts of Onyx...i want to read it
lol, yup (it's from the new movie...seen it?) and it's one of my fave. soundtracks.
aah, it's such a good book!! i was completely suprised by it. It's different. And kool. They're expecting there to be about 2 more after this one =) I'll lyk when im done.
haha, you can lend it to him as long as you remember that I'm reading it after you finish.
Now Now children!... of God. Don't quarrel, simply give the book to me, lend me your sword, and I will cut it in half.
-Sean
haha, nice sean ;p
wyz Erin's like half-way through it, when she's done ill drop it by =)
And if any of you think about it at some point...I'm seriously considering going to Hood instead of MC next year (way better quality, haha)...but a scholarship's the only way that'll happen (they said there's a good chance of me getting it) So prayers are immensly appreciated!!
hey anyone wanna see Deja Vu when it comes out?
hey, it's been a while since I checked up on this blog. I'm sort of dissipating from the blogosphere in order to get in touch with the realosphere.
I hope all is going well. God bless,
-Pedro
Peter!!
good to hear from you...even if you did comment just to dis blogs...lol
gaaah I've been working the receptionist job non-stop since 8:30...ill keep on till 4...
brain is dying...
dying...
leaving...
falling,
aah...
...
..
.
-
Stephanie! Is it really you?? I miss you!
Where are you working?
When you come to Hood (and yes, I will pray), you can live with me!!! That way you don't have to commute or live on campus. And you can join the Frederick church! Oh yes. Poifect. "We've got it all worked out."
Lizzy!! How are you my love?
Church receptionist...Like once a month ;) Oh goodness i need a real job!!
haha! oh yes that would be so perfect. Glad you have my life all planned out for me =D
I aint letting steph leave; not until she gets married :P
Leave your response